Friday, July 21, 2006

A Desire Within

As those of you who read my blog may know, I an amateur boxer. That picture on the side, thats me at my fight.

Right now I am watching the show, The Contender. I must say that I love it. For those of you who do not know, the Contender is a boxing show. There are sixteen dudes who compete for $500,000 and some other prize that I cannot remember. It comes on ESPN.

This show has stoked a fire in me. It definitely has. I am a very competitive person. I can turn even the simplest thing into a competition. I also do not take losing well; but thats for a whole 'nother entry. This dude named Norberto Bravo on The Contender just motivated me. I am dead serious. This guy fights as if he has everything to lose. Then listening to his corner talk to him during the fight made me feel as if I rule the world.

I always said that win or lose, after my first fight I would quit boxing. I said it was only a one time thing. Well, I lost my first fight. I knew that night I had to fight again. I have to. I cannot go out without having a win. My competitive side just wont let me. I think about that first win everyday. After watching that show, I cannot sleep. Its 2 am and all I can think about is boxing. Monday (well Tuesday because I have a date on Monday), the road to becoming a champion begins!!

10 comments:

Jameil said...

that's right homie! getcha fight on!!! competition is great.

Rashan Jamal said...

I checked out the Contender for the first time this weekend. I was surprised that I liked it, b/c I usually cant stand reality shows. Do me a favor.. don't cry like them after you lose, it just takes all the toughness out of your image. LOL

So...Wise...Sista said...

Ohmigosh...love that show. Was initially drawn in bec every single fighter is ridiculously beautiful...and I think I'm going thru a Puerto Rican phase (I'm from Upstate NY, where every Latino is PRican). lol

I happen to LOVE the crying...they are so tough and macho, but they get absolutely weepy when it comes to their families. *panties wet*

TMI? My fault...But I can so see you, a passionate young man, doing work in the ring. Go for it, baby!

Clay said...

boxing is so intense ... my father used to be one -- i think a few people knocked him too many times! lol good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

Jameil ~ Competition is definitely great.

sleep ~ I cant take you damnit!! Lol j/k. I definitely love boxong.

Tcas~ Im not gonna punk out like them dudes on The Contender.

Wise ~ If crying gets the panties wet for you, then let the tears start rolling!!! (Sorry T.Cas, I had to punk out) Hahahaha just kidding.

Clay ~ Thanks. Your dad probably loved boxing.

NegroPino™ said...

gOOD LUCK With that..I like boxing and always wanted to go to a boxing match...thanks for coming thru and showing me some love Kisses!!!!

AJ said...

Nothing wrong with changing your mind.... get back in the ring :)

Lyrically speaking said...

Wow, didn't know you had it in you, keep it up!! And yes I love watching the Contenders, the guys in there are not at all bad looking :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Britt quixtar miller divorce upskirt laptop accessory spam blocker What is the ingredients of phentermine http://www.review-of-car-lcd-monitor.info http://www.vwbeetleconvertiblehitch.info Satellite surveillance video images of my house Ford dumptrucks Tires 205 45 zr16 ontario Netwerkeisen voip X3 reunionsystem override software Refill 75a toner cartridge video lesbo gratis American standard williamsburg faucet how to format a harddrive Hot tub hard wire Tennis xxx Whole-house console humidifier