Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentines Day

Yesterday was the greatest.

The ex girlfriend drama
I have officialy said f*ck that skeezer. I was sooooooo pissed at her because I have been stressed this week. As Cnel can attest, I rarely show the signs of stress but this week had already started to get to me yesterday. So when she came with the drama, I was bugging. I have come to realize that I am still hurt by her. Even after she crossed and I decided to not be friends with her, I am still hurt by what she did. We promised that as friends, we would never date each other's friends. She actually came up with this idea since all her friends have a thing for me. I did actually still care for her as a friend. Since she crossed me, I figured it aint woth the hurt so I cut her off and my homeboy she was messing with. And after some deep thought yesterday, i decided that I will not say anything to her because thats what she wants. Thanks to all who responded!! You all gave some truth.

The best part of the day!!
I had planned to cook dinner for my girlfriend. We were suppose to start cooking at 5:30. The menu was sauteed shrimp, steamed corn on the cob, and broccoli with cheese. We were gonna drink sparkling cider. So my roommates Kevin and Shawn helped me clean the apartment and set the table. While they did that, I figured that I had forgot to get the sparkling cider. So I called my homegirl Savannity and had her drive to get some. This was at 5:15. It took us until about 5:45 to get going because she had a classmate come over for a project. I ended up getting me some wine alsob with the cider because I am bougie like. The girlfriend does not like wine but I have an affinity for it. Lol!!!

So I get back late, My girlfriend has already started baking. I get into the kitchen and started the throw down!!! I am I Chef Bou-ar-Negro!!! I decided against sautee-ing the the shrimp in just butter. I went ahead and used the white cooking wine I bout from Walmart on Thursday with some butter and garlic salt. It came out tasting righteous!!! I cannot give you the recipe because it is a G Willi exclusive and I had no idea what I was doing!!! It came out good. So I prepped the dinner and me and the girlfriend ate. I had the table set with this nice tea candle arrrangement. The mood was then set with some soft music. It felt soo good to have a quiet meal. We normally rush ad eat in the cafeteria or at the Laker because we got something to do. This time did what John Legend said: Took it slow.

Then we went to a jazz concert performed by our school's jazz band. It was hotness. My home girl Savannity did Summertime by Ella Fitzgerald. She did that song righteuously!!!! It was amazing!! And she had a banging outfit to go along with it. Savannity be workin it on the fashion tip. Another song I loved that was performed was "My Funy Valentine". If you like jazz music, check them songs out.

After that, we came back to my place and had dessert. My girlfrieand can bake the hell out of some cake!! It was delicious. The rest of the night was just spent relaxing and talking. It has been soooooooo long since we have been able to just chill without having some work to do. Yesterday was great. I would not want it any other way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

~Awwww.....you made me feel so special last night I can't even begin to explain how great it was. I will never forget that night for anything and hopefully there will be more to come. I love you soooo much and I don't know what I would do without you. You are truly the last piece of my puzzle.~

Anonymous said...

Stop all that lovey dovey shit.

Sykers I love it.

You two are an inspiration, as I have said many times before.

Bring Savannity with ya'll when ya'll come to Bmore.

And GWILL I so obviously wrote the poem I posted on my blog, on Valentine's Day, read carefully!

Ms.Honey said...

Nice.....sounds like a wonderful evening. It's the times that you just get to chill that you look forward to. Thanks for stopping by..yea I'm gonna continue to be there for her cause she's been there for me..it just blows me sometimes how "love" can cause people to act.

Jameil said...

awww!!!!!!! that's fabulous! see?! you're firmly attached! you can come hang w/me in pitt anytime lolol. that was beautiful. the time to just relax is exactly why i love meeting the b.f. in the middle. there's nothing there but us. we might be the only black people in the whole town. we've never seen another in three times together there but its our own little world. awww :)