Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Facebook Maturity

One of my residents complained to me today, over Facebook.

My best friend brings her dog over pretty frequently. The rule on campus is that one should not have a dog that lives with you. But my friend will come and stay the weekend, thus the dog sometimes does too. Well, one of the girls across the hall sent me a Facebook. She said that it was not fair that I have a dog. Even though someone else owns it, the dog is here all he time.

So I go across the hall to approach her. I figure mature people talk face-to-face. So when I politely ask her to repeat her complaint, she said she had none. I asked her about the message, she basically avoided it.

If we are suppose to be growing into fully mature human beings, we should be able to state when we have a complaint. No one should only want to argue over the Internet. I refuse to answer that Facebook message. We live across the hall from each other. She should be able to come and talk to me. I am not rude (at least I try not to be). I will NOT let someone Internet harass me however. So she better woman up and talk face-to-face.

PS: I have deleted yesterday's blog entry. I re-read it this morning and found it to be highly immature. It was not something becoming a grown man. If this deletion poses a problem to you, you can email me and we can have a discussion about it.

9 comments:

Perfect Mess said...

Lol, Maybe she was trying to get your attention, even still you would think she could come up with something better eh?

I think you handled it properly!

Brittany said...

That facebook thing is something else.

p_nami said...

Some people like to avoid confrontation; maybe she didn't feel comfortable coming to you. I, however, would have responded the exact same way you did!

As for yesterday's post. Do you...I take down posts all the time:)

kathi said...

Well, pooh, I have no idea what you deleted and I'm curious.

Facebook, MySpace...it's all odd to me, but I'm old. I'm still of the opinion if someone has a problem, they should discuss it with you...not write about it on-line or discuss it with your neighbor. Where does that get you? Means only that they want to whine and complain, not fix the problem.

Jameil said...

i didn't see the entry. please send me a copy. lol.

i love how you handled facebooker. she is pitiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm with J. Send me the damn stuff. You know my weeks get crazy. I'm just now catching up.

Rashan Jamal said...

I missed the deleted post, but I'm good. How you gonna have enough nerve to complain, but not enough nerve to talk it out... Craziness!

Eb the Celeb said...

Who does that... oh I am so happy I am past the immature college years... yeah that's real immature...

but speaking of facebook.. why is there this new application called owned where other people can buy you and give you as gifts to people... why did this old nasty 50something white guy in australia keep buying me from my friends... I am so creeped out about it... and I complained that they should have some sort of way of blocking people that arent your friends...ugh!

NegroPino™ said...

Hit me on gmail and give me the link to your facebook or invite me as your friend......