Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Confessions

As a part of this Making of the Blog series I am participating in, I have to confess something I have never told anyone about. This should be interesting.

I have robbed people.

What I mean by that is I have ran up one someone and took their money. I have done this twice. It happened during high school I think. The situation at home was dire. There was no money what so ever. Thus, twice me and a friend went downtown and robbed someone. I would only pick White males. I could not rob females because of my mom. Women remind me too much of my mother. I would not do people of color. I tried to justify my actions by only robbing White men. I was only successful once. I was not good at all. People ran too fast.

One night I was down at the Eutaw Street subway stop near Lexington Market in downtown Baltimore. A friend and I saw this guy walking down the street alone. We started to follow him. After two blocks, we told him to come hear. He got scared and ran.

We chased this guy for 5 blocks. He got loose on us. I just could not keep up. So he got away. I felt bad after that time and I never did it again. I really learned that I have too much of a conscience to lead a life of crime. I am just not built for it. Even to this day, I regret doing that. Never again have I even considered that course of action.

I am not built to be a criminal. So I took my ass to college.

11 comments:

Jazzy said...

"We chased this guy for 5 blocks. He got loose on us. I just could not keep up. So he got away." LOL!!!

Did you and your friend really think he was just going to "come here"??? LOL!

I am dying at the image of you two chasing his azz for five whole blocks though! OMG.

Glad you learned this was something that was not for you.

If you want to see my confession, email me @ opinionated_diva@hotmail.com or include your email addy here for the invite.

Hadassah said...

LOL @ we told him to come here and we chased this guy 5 blocks LOL! too funny

who? said...

You really chased homie for 5 blocks? I'da just stood in the cut and waited for then next person to come up. You really could have gotten arrested chasing this guy, if an officer had spotted you... the only reason you weren't successful.

I'm kinda like you, except I'm not quite built for college. I'm just not sure about it yet. glad you got out though.

magnoliapeach said...

5 blocks!! Yeah after 2, I would have backed off, lol.

The fact that you said 'come here' lets me know that you were not designed for crime, glad you realized it early on.

Dopelikelouboutins said...

Not 5 blocks?! I'm glad you went to college & didn't continue on that path. :-)

La said...

Great confession.

But yeah. A life of crime is not for you. "Come here"?

Yeah. Notsomuch, lol

CNEL said...

LoL @ La

Rashan Jamal said...

Wow, come here! You got come harder than that. Or try pickpocketing that's an easy lick right there. I mean, kids go to school.

Brittany said...

"I went to college"
CLASSIC

You told him to come here. That is so funny. Don't be falling back and going back to that life.

p_nami said...

Wow...didn't realize you had been blogging more regularly! The whole MTB idea is whipping you into shape!

I'm glad you took an alternate route...cause that "come hither" shows that you are NOT made for thug life. LOL

So...Wise...Sista said...

A crook with a conscience. You're so precious:)