Saturday, January 06, 2007

My New Fascination

Lately I have developed a new fascination: religion

I cannot really explain it. I have been reading books and watching movies that have themes about religion. I watched the Da Vinci Code. I read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons over break. I am currently reading "A History of God" by Karen Armstrong.

I really cannot say why this fascination has developed. It has been in the past few months that this fascination with religion has come baout. It is more from a scientific leaning point of view of how different religions view God/s role in the world. I dont know. It has made do some reserach and learn some new things.

I guess reading a translation of the Koran is next on the list once I am done "A History of God".

Maybe I need to do more reading for class. Lol

6 comments:

Jameil said...

that's pretty cool. my book club read angels and demons. we had a themed meeting, too. devil's food cake, angel cake, etc. etc. it was really fun. and a good book. i have this really good religion book at home but i can't remember the name of it. i'll ask my mom.

Anonymous said...

That's really interesting that you've become so fascinated with religion.

I'm impressed that you've done so much reading.

Maybe I can get some pleasure reading in before school starts back up.

The Brown Blogger said...

Impressive.

Sangindiva said...

Aiight!! I see you gettin' your read on for the new year! A lil' ed-ju-ma-cation ain't never hurt nobody :)
I am glad that your Year has started off in the right direction!!

And yeah... I know your in love with all things "godly"
but um... prayer works best when you actually STUDY!! :)

Sangindiva said...

I meant to say YOU'RE in love with all things "Godly"
I hate when people don't use the right YOU'RE and YOUR!! It's a personal pet peeve of mine LOL!

p_nami said...

I know I'm REALLY late...but Happy New Years!

A man with diverse interests is A-OK in my book! Hopefully you will post on some of the things that you learn :-)