Friday, November 24, 2006

When The Levees Broke

"When The Levees Broke", my heart broke

That is how I really felt after watching the special, "When The Levees Broke". I watched it and it seriously almost had me in tears. I have never felt that emotional over anything that I saw on television.

It hurts to see my people suffering like that. I am not from New Orleans but those are my people. We all live in this country together. It just hurst to see them still to this day struggling. There does not seem to be any plausible and working plan to help them. Just watching and seeing how much of New Orleans is just practically wiped out hurt my heart. I cant stand to see how our government has failed them. It just had me choked up.

This moved me to want to do more. I have made donations in oney, clothes, and food. But what else can I do?? Is there anything more? Can I make it better? I feel as if there something I have to do. I have to do. But I do not know what. I wish I could just make it all better for the, I wish I could just wave my hand and their lives be better. I really do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! I'm first! and u are not the ONLY one when I saw that I cried once I finished watching it, it made me go into my sons room and hug him and I just cried and thanked God that we didn't have to go through that. But I prayed for those that did. I mean that lady who gave her phone number. I called it and it was really her. She just said "I guess I'm a star now" lol anywho my heart went out and I cried too. I mean wow......

Anonymous said...

Oh and from what I've heard(from a dude that lived there). They blew the Levees out because if they hadn't the "rich" people houses would have flooded as well. So I guess the "poor" people didn't matter.

Jameil said...

don't have hbo. haven't seen it but i know the feeling of helplessness. i helped my roomie's bro get a new wardrobe by alerting my church to the situation but i still feel like i need to do more. i don't know how either.

Ms.Honey said...

When I saw that I cried. I can't believe the audacity of the people in power. I wonder what it would have been like if it was someone in their own families..then again I don't have to wonder it's clear that they would have reacted differently.

*snake*bite* said...

It is such a shame to see so many people suffer - you have done something great by actually making people aware of how the situation is hurting people and by donating those things you did - that is more than most would do.

I am not sure what else you can do to be honest i just wanted to drop by and say it is nice to have caring people like you around - i will definitely be back to read again
Take care
xxS*Bxx