Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Pimp With Morals

I should win an award for being the most honorable dude in the world. My homeboy Mason should give me a prize. Here is why:

First, me and Mason are friends. I was the guy he stayed with when he visited to decide to come to my school. Then when he got here, we hung out and I showed him the ropes. He is like my little brother. I try and help him out as much as possible.

Tonight, I went to my hunting ground aka Peccadilos (it was college nite and I was bored.). His ex grlfriend was there. We talk and chat for a minute. We start dancing. It was not out of the ordinary. All of a sudden, it got a lil hot. She was pushing up on me, I was pushing a lil on her. Our faces got kinda close, and I knew it had to stop. I cannot make out with my friend's ex. That is wrong. I may be single, but I got morals. I knew I could not do it. My roommate Kevin would prolly disagree. My future stepfather said two things dont live long: dogs that chase cars and men who mess with taken women. I am trying to live forever.

It was not easy to tell her no. I mean she had the puppies on her chest were calling me, booty was all up on me, and she has a cute face. I havent had the attention of a female in a while so I was feeling like Mos Def in "Miss Phat Booty": I GOTTA HAVE IT. At this moment I am going through "withdrawal" and I need a fix. I have a monkey on my back but I knew it would be wrong to allow her to get it off (pun intended). I just could not do it. Mason is a lucky dude, because I would be tearing that up from left to right. And she could have definitely found out tonite why they call me Chocolate Thunder!

11 comments:

Prophetess said...

Yessir, Pimp Daddy! Not only are you the Good Son, but you're a good man, Epsi, and I love you for being honest with yourself, with her, and with your best friend's feelings in the long term.

A lesser man would have been had that girl at home, in the bed, and screaming his name - or somebody's name, LOL! One of these days - in the near future, you're going to be a wonderful, loving husband, and you're going to be a wise and knowledgeable father to your offspring. I see the Light inside your good heart; don't ever let anyone blow your Light out, okay?

But on the other hand, if you really like her and want to see if something is there between you and she, it'd be okay to get in touch with him FIRST to see if he'd give you his "blessing" to date her or at least take her out once or twice. That's sort of the Men's Code of Honor, now, and if he's not interested in her anymore, then he shouldn't be upset with you inquiring about her. But I don't know how men/homies feel about dating each others' exes... But just because it didn't work out with them doesn't mean it might not work with you and she.

Would you want to date her and possibly have something good with her? Or do you value your friendship with your homie more than that and want to just leave her alone altogether because she is your homie's ex?

Prophetess said...

I just finished reading all your latest posts; wow, I missed out on a lot while I was gone, LOL!

Oh my God - Chocolate Thunder... I can just imagine why that's your nickname! You are a sweet, funny mess, LOL!

I'm listening to one of the late Marvin Gaye's old, old school albums and he's got a song on it called "I'm In Love"; the lyrics and emotions in the song make me think of you and your longing to be with your ex sweetie. I'll post the lyrics for you one day on my blog...

Anonymous said...

you had me rollin of floor with this blog ... thats all i can say im still laugin! but way to be the bigger person!

The Brown Blogger said...

Yep.

The big dogs are watching from the alley.

Some of the pups out of the litter are ready to stomp with us.

p_nami said...

Well Chocolate Thunder...since you said that he's like your little brother, I commend you on your "bros before hoes" stance. BUT if you had sad that he was just an acquaintance...I'd send you some protection myself!!! LOL

NegroPino™ said...

Sweetheart, not all attetnion is good attention. Men have def lost their lives or ended up on Cheaters getting a gun pulled out on them cuz of some broad........

*snake*bite* said...

Chocolate Thunder???
Ok then - will think about that one.
Well done for sticking to your guns and thinkin bout wot ur stepdaddy to be said - very sensible.
Pimp wit Morals - i like it.
If there were only more.
xxS*Bxx

Jameil said...

not the puppies!!! you are foolish. there are plenty of women out there w/o you going to your boy's old flame.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Well excuse me Chocolate Thunder!!

LOL
HAHAHAHAA

I know you did the right thing. A good man does good under the greatest of all preasures.

It's my first time visiting your blog and that was very tickling.

Discombobulated Diva said...

smart move by ending it where u did with your friend's ex... you're definitely a good friend and you definitely don't want to put yourself in an akward position with your friend...
~DD

CNEL said...

Not the puppies and the booty too. Imagine me at the conference last week. I was so bout to use Kendrick's phrase and say, "Damn girl you got a front porch and a back porch". Fine, fine, fine women.

"My future stepfather said two things dont live long: dogs that chase cars and men who mess with taken women. I am trying to live forever."

Priceless.