Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Probably Wondering

I have been slacking on keeping you updated about my life. I have so much to say so it may take a while.

Me and her are not even trying to salvage things anymore. She said she just can't get over the fact that I left. She said she can't risk it. I told her love is worth taking risks for. I tried to change her mind but it did not work. At least I tried. There is not much more I can do. We keep it civil but thats it. I try not talk to her. It bothers me to.

I went to this conference this weekend. It was a great conference. I t was the Pennsylvania Black Conference on Higher Education. The speakers were motivating. The sessions were definitely useful. I am soooooo glad I went. I did a poem at the talent show and got a standing ovation!!! It was incredible. The women were just gorgeous!!! But one bad thing happened: they tried to holler and sometimes it went over my head. I am just slow when it come to catching on. I really am. I need to work on it. But seriously, hte conference was good. It felt good to be surrounded by Black people. I spent my whole weekend around Black people!! It was a vacation come true!!!

School is hectic but I aint even stressin'. I have some presentations to get workin on. One is due this weeke and the other two are on for next week. I havent started some of them. So I am gonna get moving on it! Classes are making me work for it, especially that Forensic Stats class. This class is putting its foot in my a$$!!!!.

I guess that is the update. I hope it was not too long!

10 comments:

p_nami said...

Damn! I had to go all the way back in your archives to see what this break up was about before I made this comment!
Love IS worth taking risks for. But giving someone a second chance at it is merely optional. You made the decision to leave. And now because YOU feel that you made a mistake, she should forget and take you back. Nah sweetie, it doesn't work like that. You made a decision that you felt was best for you, and now she's doing the same for herself. Don't beat yourself up about it...you did what you felt you needed to do and there's nothing wrong with that. But she's probably still hurting too and just dealing with it the best way that she can.

Sorry for jacking your comment section!

The Brown Blogger said...

*currently reliving undergrad thru Epsilonicus' blog*

Yeah, sounds about right. You're right on track to get your own theme music in a few.

Glad you swung by the conference.

Discombobulated Diva said...

you tried with her, that's all you can do... now its time to move on... glad the conference was good... its always good to be around your own peoples... did u at least get a number or anything???

~DD

Ms.Honey said...

Glad you had a nice time...

I feel ya on the wanting to work it out and the other person just not really feeling it, but at the same time you can't be in a relationship alone and you can't make someone love you...she's making a decision to dow hat she feels is right just liek you did..and that might not be with you...sad to say..as others stated you tried now let it go..i know it's easier said than done

CNEL said...

I think you've finally mastered what MJ once said, "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." But you succeded in facing your fears and making your case. Who knows what time can do?

I'm so glad you got to the conference, it was a much needed experience for you. I know it left you rejuvenated, and refocused.

LoL @ the guy who says your on track, though I think you started putting the tracks for your soundtrack together way back when.

In the words of a friend, sometimes, I truly feel, "School is getting in the way of me living my life."

Anonymous said...

Dollface - I guess I just have to live with the decision.

Hassan - Keep reliving through me. I got more than enough to share!!

DD - I got a number. I have not caled her yet though. She goes to school two hours away from here.

Honey-Libra: It damn sure aint easy letting go. I am struggling to do it.

Cnel: School is starting to get in the way of my enrichment. I also soundtracks, just not for my life. i have babymaking soundtracks hahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Between you and her: keep it civil, thats really all you can do.

Don't feel bad; you know you tried.

Jameil said...

doll is right. sorry.

i used to love conferences too! such fun! yay!!! but i'ma need you to step ya game up homes. i know you have some female friends who are cool enough to walk you thru the process.

kathi said...

Live and learn, sounds trite, but it's not. I look back at things I messed up at your age, and can see now what I learned from it and what came out of it.

Any chance we can get you to put the poem on here? Would love to read it.

Anonymous said...

its always good to be around black folk ... as for her ... i know more than you know ... or you prolly do from readin my blog ... but in truth its does get better ... its even gettin better for me ... and i swore i was gonna be pissed about it for a minute ... it feels good though to get hit on though ... even if you didnt pick it up straight away!