Monday, October 09, 2006

Truth or dare

Comment on this post and let me know if you want a truth or dare. i'll respond with a question or a dare, then you run over to your blog and post your response to the question or dare. make sure you reference the 'truth or dare' moto in the title of the entry so folk won't be all over your blog looking for your answer (unless you just WANT us to do it...)

guidelines:

1. nothing illegal
2. no nudity requests
3. nothing malicious

let's keep this fun.

Here are the ones I had to answer:

Trizzy: What is your most embarrasing moment and have I ever been attracted to a "friend" and not told them?

My most embarrasing moment had to be when I was younger. I got my leg stuck in a piece of playground equipment (it was a cement train) and had to have the fire department come and get me out. All the kids were laughing at me. I still hear about it to this day.

I am currently attracted to a friend I have not told them. It is one of my old roommate's ex. Me and her are from Maryland. So over the summer we kind of started talking. A lot. Almost every night of the week. Now, we talk a couple nights a week. I feel kind of bad that I have fallen for her. I have not told the old rooomie (he transfers and we dont even talk). She wants to visit me and all. I dont even know if I should tell her how I feel, especially since she goes to college in NC at Elon. I also have another friend Vanessa who goes here. But she has a man so I am plotting on how to get at her.

Tcas ~ What is the hardest thing about being in college.

I would have to say being black is one of the hardest thing about being in college. I go to school that is majority white; majority being an understatement. I have few Black friends up here ( I have only Black friends at home). Its hard not being around people like me. Its hard that people do not understand my point of view or where I am coming from. I do have some Black female friends but all of them are from the Caribbean. Their struggle is not a part of mine. Thats what is hard. I miss my people. I would not trade being who I am though. I am proud of who I am and I appreciate the history of struggle that my people have gone through. Nothing could make me want to be anything else.

Nikki ~ I havent forgotte about your dare. I havent seen the girl so I havent had a chance to get a pic with her.

7 comments:

Discombobulated Diva said...

Truth... ~DD

NSearchOfMe said...

Truth

Anonymous said...

truth...

Prophetess said...

Truth...

Jameil said...

not playing. but i enjoyed your embarassing moment. lol. howlong were the roomie and the ex together?

Jameil said...

oh yeah... this has been on my mind all day. I FEEL YOU on the needing black friends thing. seriously. i think that may be why i blog so much. i really get tired of constantly being around white people. it takes so much more for me to be comfortable around them. i don't know a single young black person here who i can relate to on a regular basis. i'm finding it nearly impossible to make new male friends beyond college b/c they all want to take it to another level. i don't need that ish. anyway. we are HERE.

Lyrically speaking said...

yeah yeah yeah, give us truth...truth...truth :)