Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Interview

I just got in from my RA interview. I believe it went well. They asked some very difficult questions. I hope that I answered them well. One question I am worried about: Tell me about a time that you have lied.

I was nervous. I told them about the time I lied to a professor about doing my community service when I did not. The professor had asked me about it and I said that I was finished. I went to go and write up the paperwork for it and i just could not do it. I really had a decent relationship with this professor and I could not ruin it. So I admitted to the professor that I lied. This professor was disappointed but she understood. I even had her write my recommendation for the RA position.

I felt that I had to be open because I thought maybe that professor put that in my recommendation. Plus I had to tell them about a serious lie, not just a lil white lie. They were looking for something thats hwos my character. I hope that my answer demonstrates my growth.

4 comments:

CNEL said...

LoL I'll send one up for ya.

You'd make a great RA.

That is an interesting lie.

I don't tell lies on the regular, if I feel I must lie, I just don't speak. I'd rather omit than lie.

My mother says omissions are still lies, but I see otherwise.

Omissions are far greater truths, because they allow you to not have to comprimise yourself.

Honesty is still the best policy, it does hurt a little, sometimes.

Waddie G. said...

next time you're asked a question to out yourself on something negative, always give them an answer that will turn the negative thing into a positive thing...

like the lying...you could have told a lie to protect someone's feelings or just say that you didn't tell the whole truth...it's one of those psychological questions they ask folks.

Jameil said...

cool. do the damn thing!

Anonymous said...

C Nel- I could not tell them that I dont lie, I only omit. That would have been some bullsh*t. Plus, having the professor I lied to write my recommendation, she may have told the story in the letter.

Professer- I turned it into a positive situation by telling them how me and that professor still have a good relationship. I even guest spoke for one of her classes.