Sunday, March 12, 2006

Where is Maxwell???


Maxwell Posted by Picasa

Where is Maxwell??? I have not heard any news about Maxwell in a few years. I do not know why this dude has taken such a long hiatus. His music is great. It is very relaxing. Plus, it functions well as mood music ;)!!!

What made me think of this?? I was listening to my friend Cnel's radio station (check out his blog). He played a Maxwell song and it brought back some memories. I remember when I first saw Maxwell. It was on MTV Unplugged. I thought he had the coolest hairstyle ever. So I remember trying to grow out my lil 'fro and make it puff up like Maxwell's. Lol!!! The things we do when we are young.

But seriously, Maxwell has made some great music. Some of my favorites are:
'Til the Cops Come Knockin'
Whenever, Wherever, Whatever
Luxury: Cococure
Each Hour Each Second Each Minute Each Day: Of My Life
Silently
This Woman's Work

Maxwell, if you read this, make another album SOON!! R&B needs you

6 comments:

Clay said...

last i heard his record company shelved his album because of all the homoerotic overtones. he is a good artist

Jameil said...

maxwell if you read this... hahahahaha!! that's great! i wrote about this a couple months back, too. yeah, it is great mood music! those songs all do something for me too!! don't they hit everybody? whenever, whereever, whatever is my joint!!! damn that crazy man.

Waddie G. said...

I heard that Maxwell was having issues with his label because he wanted to subtly come out of the closet...I'm not sure how true that is...I also heard that he hired a personal trainer to help him achieve a body so tight for a new image.

CNEL said...

"This Woman's Work" is my favorite Maxwell song of all time, then "Whenever, Wherever, Whatever", and then "Get To Know Ya."

You're right R & B needs Maxwell back on the scene!

Paula D. said...

I am wonderimg the same thing!!!! I saw him in concert a few years ago & was blown away. He definitely needs to come back soon.

So...Wise...Sista said...

I hope he hasn't been riding SHOTGUN with D'Angelo...if ya know what I mean. lol