Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Let Me Update You!!

I promise that I will try and update more often. Seriously, I will try.

This week has been a little hectic. I have presentatiob tonite that I am still working on. I know that I should have started a little earlier but I can never be on time for anything. My presentation is on spoken word poetry: the history, the make-up, its affect on pop culture. It is gonna turn out to be tight though. I have done my research and all so it will be good.

Work yesterday was just work: I hate it. They have us doing stuff that is not even closely related to archaeology. We be filing, moving heavy a$$ objecyts, sweeping floors. Plus I have to work on Tuesdays from 8am-11am, have one lab from 12pm-3:20 which usually runs over, then have another lab from 5-8pm. And I hate getting up at 8am!!!!

My Field Methods class is insane!!!!! This class is suppose to teach me how to literally excavate an archaeology site, just to give a heads up. Our lab has us outside. Now anyone who is familiar with Erie, PA knows what that means this time of year. IT IS FREEZING!!! My group was out their for so long we could not feel our hands. I was pissed. There is a reason why there is a "field season": so people do not have to torture themselves in the cold!! I guess my lab instructor does not comprehend that. Next time, I am bundling up for Antartica so I can stay warm. Why did I choose this major again?!?!?!?!? After my lab yesterday, I was sooooo tired that I was nodding off in my historic geology class. I felt sooooooooo bad for the professor because I really like him and his class. He is kind of nerdy but is a really good person. So I apologized to him after class. He understood after I told him which class I was coming from.

I also have my RA interview for tomorrow. I am excited!!! It would be great if I could get this. It would help me cut back on my student loans. Plus, once my mother's job starts paying for my tuition, I will practically be earning money for going to school!!! But back to my point. I really want this RA (resident assistant if you need any help) job. It is a job that is not beyond my scope of abilities and all. Plus I already know many of the people on the staff so I know I will get along with my coworkers. Its the perfect job for me: I can display my leadership abilities and all plus like the actual job and the people I work with! Perfection!!

4 comments:

Sherlon Christie said...

I was terrible with Science in high school and college. I was always better with words.

My one regret about my college days is that I lived at home during my undergraduate years.

So...Wise...Sista said...

MY RA kicked me out of the dorm for "recurrent Quiet Hours violations." I proceeded to turn the rest of her floor against her. Be forewarned young one. Use your power for good and not evil. lol Good luck!

BZ said...

Good luck on the interview and I hope the presentation went well. I actually did an article a couple of years ago on Def Poetry Jam, doing a feature interview w/ Bassey (one of the performers on the show and in the touring Broadway production of it). I'd love to hear something about what you found of its history, etc.

Jameil said...

ugh! you would have to pay me to be outside in the cold. for real. when i'm in the studio watching reporter live shots i'm always like, uh... yeah. i'm cool off that. what is wrong w/this place?!! its is nearly april!! stop the madness!! i'm sure erie's even colder. ugh!

that's hilarious that you apologized to your teacher. i stopped going to a class one semester b/c i couldn't stay up, attendance didn't count, and 5 of my closest friends were in the class to tell me what i missed and turn in assignments. and you know what? i'm glad i didn't go. humanities was one of the most useless classes i took in 4 years.