Saturday, March 04, 2006

Let me update you all

Thursday:
This day was insane. The girlfriend and I went down to DC and did the educated thang. Me and the girlfriend rode the Marc train from Baltimore to DC. Then we braved the DC metro system and went We went to the Holocaust Museum. I would recommend anyone to go to this museum. It was intense but it really drove home the experience of all those persecuted during the Holocaust. The museum also inspired hope; that never again will this happen. After that we went to the museum of natural science. It was interesting, especially because we knew alll of the scientific explanations for the history of life on Earth from our paleoanthropology class. So we did the nerdy thing and came home.

Once I got home, hurricane Gina hit. This is the ex from the Pre-Valentines' day drama. She had dropped off all the stuff that reminds her of me. I was gone so I did not get to see her and I am sooooooooo glad I was out. Hone girl left pics, love letters I wrote, prom memorabilia, and some other shit. Everything had a number on it. She even sent me a remote control car that was suppose to be my Christmas gift. Then she left a letter. The letter said that she no longer loves me (bullshit). Home girl even attacked my character. My ex said that I am the type of person she hopes she does not turn out to be. She better hope she turn out like me: successfeul and sexy!! Lol j/k.

BUT, I was surprised. I definitely was not expecting this. And then my girlfriend was pissed. I mean really pissed. Some of the pics were of me kissig the ex. I think she was even more upset when I told I her I do not think I can throw the pics away. I have two things I refuse to throw away: pictures and books. I was always raised not to do that so when I attempt to, I feel guilty. My girlfriend was a little heated and she wanted to go Detroit on the ex's ass. Then we got into it. After a lot of disagreeing, I comforted her. I told her this:

Forget those pictures. Those are pictures of the past, of what used to be. That will never happen again. No matter what the ex does, I aint going back. I love you. I want to be with you. If I wanted to be with her, I would. I wanted someone else, I would be with them. But I am with you because I am happy here.

So that settled everything.

Friday:
I went up to my old middle school and spoke. Returning to St. Ignatius brought back a lot of memories, especially because I saw sooooo many pictures of me there. They had pictures of me in Cuba, playing lacrosse, and just straight looking like I was a little boy. I spoke about how I keep in touch with more people from middle school than high school. I said it is important that they understand that they are brothers. No matter where they go, they will always have other St. Ignatius boys to support them. I hope that I inspired them.

Saturday:
I went and saw my friend Cne;. Everything is going fine with him. Not perfectly but they are getting better. My girlfriend enjoyed being around him. She found him highly intelligent. I am glad the two got along. We just kind of cruised downtown Baltimore for a while and then we went out to dinner.

Dinner at Moe's was the bomb!!! Moe's is a seafood restaurant. It is a lil expesinve but the food is the best. I had this crab and shripm dish which was good. My uncle Mike and my cousin Cece joined me, the gf, my mother and her fiancee. It was great quality family time.

7 comments:

AJ said...

I'm glad you believe in keeping pictures... I have thrown out pictures/diaries in the past, and I have always regretted it!!!

Mrs A. said...

hmmmmm...i have to say, i'd beef with you about those pics. you have your memory..why do you need the actual visual aid?? and can you honestly say that if your gf had pics of her kissing or being intimate with an ex, you wouldn't care?

Ms.Honey said...

I understand where your girl is coming from and where you are coming from. It's great that she trusts you enough to know that you love her and your with her and although you have pics you are no longer wanting or craving to be with someone else. She's very mature for not going "Detroit" on that tail..how unlady like of the other girl attacking your character..however that just goes to show that she has some issues that she isn't ready to deal with.

Anonymous said...

Miss A:
I can say that I dont care if my gf has pics of her kissing her ex. She does and it does not bother me. I understand that she is not going back to him. I am sure and solid with my relationship.

Amberjane: Amen!

Honey-Libra:
I am glad she did not go Detroit on my tail too!!

Jameil said...

i don't throw out pics either. but i wouldn't want them around. and the other momentos would quickly find their way to good will. i have some things from an ex that will vacate my room the next time i go home. there's no need to keep everything, but to throw away memories is reckless. the b.f. talked to his ex last night and wanted me to be i guess happy that she's dating someone else as proof she's no longer in love w/him. ok stop. i could really care less. i have him and i'm not worried about him going anywhere. so whether she loves him or not, he's mine! :) but i love what you told your girl. that was really sweet and just what she needed to hear.

CNEL said...

LoL I know I'm like a week late on reading this and posting a comment.

Glad ya'll went to D.C. it's one of my fav places.

Gina is a witch with a capital B. U got to love it or leave it alone, in this case leave it alone.

Medora has the right to be pissed, cause as I said before, you and your ex kept it too friendly, and I've heard all the crazy stories.

LoL I'm a pack rat and I wouldn't destroy the pics either, but they need to go in a shoe box and stay in the shoe box.

HaHa St. Iggy was the initiation into the brotherhood.

It was a pleasure to meet Medora, I give her five stars. She was beautiful, intelligent, down to earth, and need I say sane? She was mad cool, hold on to her. Who else will put up with your stuff!

Aww spending time with the fam, where was Quentin, keep an eye on that lil buzzard!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Your ex is desperate for your attention. I feel bad for her. But I also feel ya current gf re: the pics. I remember reading a similar dilemma...here are the links (it's in 2 parts).

Read this 1st: http://blackvoices.aol.com/lifemain/lifemain_canvas/featurestory?id=20050821151409990001

Then this:
http://blackvoices.aol.com/black_lifestyle/love_features_advice_dating/directorypg/canvas?id=20050912111909990001