Sunday, December 21, 2008

Things I Hate About Christmas

I am not a Christmas person. I dislike Christmas, truly dislike it. Here's why:

1. I hate Christmas music

Christmas music makes me want to hide my head in the sand. I cannot stand it. It is so corny. Christmas music is too mushy and happy-go-lucky I just cannot do it. It seems, however, that my friends do not take my dislike of Christmas music seriously. Every year someone sends me a music if Christmas music. I do not throw gifts away so all it does is sits in my desk and collects dust.

2. The Christmas Tree

Who the hell wants a fire hazard sitting in their living room. Throw in the messy needles and I am not a fan of this at all.

3. Gift Giving

This is the mot stressful part of the whole thing. First, there is the stress of buying or making something that someone will actually appreciate. You have to make sure the gift is something they like. Then, you have the actual going to the stores to get the gift. Long lines, cranky people, dreadful weather; its not for me. I hate doing it. Yet, every year I drag my ass out to get gifts because of the societal pressure by friends/family/girlfriend to participate.

4. The Snow

Another reason I hate Christmas: it never snows on Christmas in Baltimore. Just once in my life I would like to wake up and there be white stuff on the ground. I never got one of those traditional snowy Christmas. I have been deprived of the best childhood pleasure. Damn Baltimore!!

7 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Chill out, Grinch! It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

*singing* Chesnuts roasting on an open fire.

LOL

CNEL said...

Haha I have similar feelings maybe that's why I don't mind that I'm working next week.

The Brown Blogger said...

I'm still trying to figure out why Black folk participate...

Jameil said...

This is such a pitiful list. you don't have to hate christmas for these reasons. christmas music is lovely. snow SUCKS. why would you want it for Christmas? you were obviously listening to Christmas music to get that idea which btw you can send to me! i LOVE regifting. don't stress yourself abt gift giving. shop online and require lists from every recipient or hand them a gift card if they don't comply. get a fake tree if it's such a hassle. i love real ones tho.

Sherlon Christie said...

Totally agree with you on the christmas music. Totally nauseating

p_nami said...

Happy New Year!

Hadassah said...

Christmas sucks if thur no family and preents and food lol!