Monday, December 15, 2008

The Way Life Goes

Let me update you all:

Holiday Party
The gym I (rarely) attend hosted a holiday party (No, Sheila Dixon was not there. Read the last post to understand). It was crazy fun! Here are two reasons: free alcohol, free food. Any place that has those two things, I AM THERE!! So this woman hits on me the moment I walk in the building. She goes, "You are looking sexy tonight. Purple is definitely your color". I just smile, say thank you, and keep it moving.

All night I was on the dance floor. My coworkers are not much for dancing but I was getting my groove in. I found me several attractive women to dance with. I do not know how many times I electric slided my partially drunk behind across the floor. My (white) coworkers just watched from the side until they became drunk enough to feel comfortable. I danced my night away. It was really fun.

I have no photos. My camera batteries died and I forgot to charge them.

Weekend
Friday night was quiet. I spent it talking to the gf on the phone. We talked for like 4 hours. It was because we do not do that often. I get up too early during the week to stay on the phone forever. I really enjoyed that time with her.

Saturday my friend D, several coworkers hit the town. We hung out at a bar near Hopkins. I sang some karaoke. Then we went to a place called the 13th Floor. It is a club on 13th floor of a hotel called the Belvedere. On Saturdays they have a live salsa band. It was nice. I also salsed my way across the floor. The next time the gf is here, I am going to take her there. It is really nice. There is a great view of the city, The drinks are a little expensive, so before I take the gf, we will just pregame elsewhere.

Sunday, I went and played basketball. I had to get some exercise in. I do need to lose a little weight. The doctor told me to start exercising a little more. To be honest, I have been slacking. It is really hard to incorporate exercise in my daily routine. I come home from work exhausted and not feeling like doing anything. That gives me a hige excuse. But starting today, i am going to try and hit the gym at least 2 times a week. I am going to start off small. I may also do push-ups and sit-ups at home in the morning. I will update you on that one

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like a fab weekend! Those are always the best kind I am told!

Hadassah said...

Salsa is fun!my bf taught me how to salsa

Rashan Jamal said...

Can't go wrong with free alcohol and free food. Glad you had fun.

Sherlon Christie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherlon Christie said...

That reminds me...I need to join a gym as part of my pledge to lose 10 pounds in 2009.

Anyways...I love dancing and could dance the night away if the music is good or the liquor is strong.

Jameil said...

when i worked a crazy sked my rule was DO NOT go home. if you work out before you go home, then you can indulge your inclination to not do anything once you get home. that's how i worked out at least 3xs/wk when i was in pgh. glad you had fun hitting the town!