Saturday, April 14, 2007

Update on Her

So much love to share
Pure blackness, oneness so rare
So much love to give
Let them know they're missin' out
Mama Africa
Has so much love to share
Sweet blackness, oneness
Meet me there
So much love to give
Let them know they missin' out
Sing again

Akon - Mama Africa

Me and her had our first conversation since January. Well, what happened was that I wrote her a letter saying that our situation was kind of unnecessary and that I hope we can be friends. I just wanted to break the ice and felt the letter was a good way to do it. So Thursday night I see her in the library and we talk. 4 hours. We talked about everything that has happened. She came over, said hello to my younger brother and we had a long talk. I guess we are going to try and be friends. I hope we can actually do that.

My brother was with me all week since Good Friday. He left yesterday. I hope he enjoyed his visit. It was rough at the beginning. He really does not take well to strangers. So he had a Baltimore mug on for the first few days. But he warmed up and had fun. I hope he comes back again. I also hope it is warm when he does. Hahahaha!!

I love that Akon song, "Mama Africa". That is my joint!! Listen to it. It really makes you want to go to Africa. I hear it, close my eyes, and I imagine myself there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting at the comp grinning cause you know I'm HER biggest fan. Forget about you punk, grow up. No I'm so happy that you wrote her a letter. Up with letter writing. I'm even more elated that you two talked, COMMUNICATION IS ESSENTIAL. No one reads minds.

So Q wore the Bmore mean mug. HaHa. I hope he enjoyed himself. I'm sure he left with an appreciation of his big brother. Let's hope he rocks the last bit of the school year. I'mma need him to take over cause we both need to retire early LoL.

Have a great week in school.

Jameil said...

not an akon fan. look at cnel psychologizing you. hilarious. lmao @bmore mug. mmm hmmm.. i know that one.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

Check out the Peter Tosh song of the Same title..............

Discombobulated Diva said...

Hey Ep... its been a minute... I'm glad to hear that you and her got a chance to talk... after some time, its usually easier to approach the situation cause both of ya'll have had some time to cool down and re-evaluate and reflect about the past on your own... trying to be friends is the best thing... you don't want to burn any bridges...

i love Akon... you know he's gonna be performing in Bmore in May... I think at Ram's head on the 16th (and the tickets are mad cheap... i'll keep u updated about that once i get more info)....

anyways, hope u're good...

~DD

Southerner in Suomi said...

Double thumbs up on the letter. It's definitely a lost art.
More people should write them.

kathi said...

I'm glad you wrote the letter, and especially that y'all talked everything out. Good for you.

Lyrically speaking said...

Yeah, Akon's lyrics to the song is beautiful. Wow, you wrote a letter, many don't go out of their way with such gesture, that's awesome that you did.