Monday, February 05, 2007

A World Of Girls

I've kissed the most exotic face
From London to Honolu
Made love in the most romantic places
What more can one man do

Livin' in a world of girls
It's like swimmin' in a sea of pearls
Taste like caviar
Watching shooting stars
Like silk to the touch
Diamonds in a rush

Joe - World of Girls


Anyone who knows me knows that I love women. I love them. I love the way they walk. I love the way they talk. I love their little mannerisms, their temper tantrums. I love how they take care of themselves. I enjoy their company. It was only recently in my life that I had more male best friends than female best friends. I just love the company of women.

My love for women transcends color. Yes, I, a Black man dates outside the race. I have no problem admitting it. I do not have a preference based on color. There are too many gorgeous women of various hues for me to discriminate.

Do I have a preference? No. I do not have a preference. Actually, I think I do. Let me explain:

I say I do not have a preference but I do see a pattern now that I look. I have had romantic encounters with Asian, White, and Black females. I grew up in a mixed neighborhood so it happens. I have been to mixed chools (elementary), all Black (middle school), mostly white (high school and college). So I have been exposed. But I do have an unconscious preference: Black women. I say that because those are the type of females I have had the most romantic encounters with. Its that simple. I do not know if it is exactly a preference or is it just a pattern.

I do keep my options open though. My longest relationship was with a White female. So I do not discriminate. I do not choose one female over the other because of color. I look for their physical attractiveness and their personalities. I just do not factor color in whether I am attractied. I do look at color when it comes to how their families will feel. Color just does not matter when it comes to attractiveness. Thats my opinion. For me, I cannot say that I love all people if I cannot allow myself to fall in love with all people. You catch my drift??

I know some Black women will have a problem with this. Some may not even date me. I know this is true. But if a woman is going to exclude me because I interracially date, then she is not right for me. I just do not see a problem with interracially dating. It does not make me any less "Black" because of it. I miss out on some beautiful people (physically and personality-wise). I have learned a lot about myself because of it. I have learned a lot dating Black females but I have also learned a lot dating outside my race. All in all, I will never stop dating outside my race. I will not start preferring one type of woman over another because of skin color. That's just not me. Plus, I am living in a world of girls.

7 comments:

Ms.Honey said...

Awww look at your cute picture LOL...as my momma would say as long as they love you and take care of you I see no problem in dating someone who is of a different cultural background...love has no color..yes its a cliche but it's very true.

Anonymous said...

You just want us to validate your having freak tendecies is all.

I have something vile to say so I won't leave my name but if you can't figure out who I am, then it doesn't matter.

"A pussy don't have no face."

Having said that I think I care less now than I used to, when you used to date outside your race. I think for the first time I respect so much that you see the woman for who she is, not what she is. I think I'm going to finally learn something from you, ;-)!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Young Epsi...This is indeed you. And I dont want you to misinterpret what I said on the last post about white girls. I said it kind of tongue in cheek bec I know you like the rainbow and all. lol Im not suggesting that black women should or would be MAD that you date a white girl. However there certainly are sistas who are simply not attracted to brothas who have multiethnic preferences. I am one of them. I find nothing wrong with you having no preference. I dont question your blackness. And there is nothing wrong with me not being attracted to that kind of guy.

I can imagine that sistas on your campus, where the brothas are at a premium, would be downright irrational about it.:)

Anonymous said...

Honey-libra: yo momma sure is right

Anonymous: I know who you are. I am glad you learned something from me.

Wise: I was not taking a shot at you. Your comment was the stimulus. I always wanted to write about it but your comment pushed me to writing it. I am not even stressing over the sistas. They do not even date on-campus. Plus too many of them hang out with my ex so I am off limits to them anyways. I have been excommunicated by them. I do not hold it against the, Friends dont date the ex's of friends. But there aint even enough sistas at this school for all of us anyway. The situation is horrid up here. When I do mess with Black women, they are always off-campus females.

Jameil said...

i'm on the fence on the issue. the bf kissed a white girl back when he was the best friend and i was irrational abt it. i told him we wouldn't be together now if he'd had sex w/her. its just so stereotypical. successful black man with a white woman. i was like, you're better than that.

part of it comes from my southern upbringing. my dad is completely w/honey's mom. my mom, tho is from MS and very wary on the whole sitch. being raised in a predominately white neighborhood, i was w/all the rainbow, too until the white boys never liked me back. then i was like f that! i reject you hoes!!!! hence part of my current position.

THEN i saw how much over the last year or 2 dj (white guy) loves my homie (black woman) and i can't hold fast to my prejudices. i have seen how other men have dogged her out and he was always there just loving her w/o saying it. it was deep and still is.

one day you will have to chose. just b/c you'll want to settle down and get married and you can't dip out on her, whatever her race. but if you're in love, who cares?

Rashan Jamal said...

You just gotta do you. It really doesn't matter what other people think. I'm glad that you know what you like and aren't compromising b/c of anybody else's opinion.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

you have a healthy attitude towards this.

the very