Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Response

I wrote a poem about a week ago called "God, Can You Hear Me". You can scroll down and find it. It seems to have garnered quite a response. I also read it somewhere too. I have received an interesting response. Here is a treatise on the poem.

The fact that God has died is not me commenting on religion. Well, I am commenting on it but in a certain way. In no way am I condemning God. What I am saying is that is God is not playing as large of a role in our society as he used to. His "death" signifies this. I am not commenting on whether or not religion or God is important. I am just saying something that I have noticed in my experience. A lot of people I have come across are starting to feel that God is irrelevant. Whether or not that is a God hing, I leave that to your personal opinions.

Also, I do not believe that it is sacreligious to write about God in such a way. I do not believe that the poem degrades any religious point of view. It is just a metaphor. A very safe and creative one.

Yes, the "God" I am referring to is the Christian one. I have raised a Christian and Christianity is the religion I am most familiar with. I did not feel it would be appropriate to write a poem from the point of view of a religion I do not quite understand fully. Plus, I consider myself a Christian. I may not be the most frequent churchgoer or the most faithful but that is the religion that I adhere to. So thats what I chose

Oh, I forgot to add. That poem was a Epilonicus exclusive. Its on my next mixtape!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!

3 comments:

The Brown Blogger said...

EXCLUSIVE!!!

NEW EP!!!

You needed somone hollering all over your tracks, right?

Ms.Honey said...

Yo...when you trying to hit up the studio LOL..you can stop performing in your shower now LOL..let me stop

Anonymous said...

I had wrote a nice comment, days earlier, but damn blogger.

I am currently enrolled (until next Thursday) in a Theology course entitled "The Images of God in Scripture", so it was interesting to read your peace.

Your views I don't feel as being unspiritual or anti-religion. I find them interesting because all our relationships with our God are personal. I found it to be quite fascinating how you related your view of God, and of the shared humanity of individuals.