Sunday, May 07, 2006

Been A Minute

It has been a minute since I last wrote. I apologize. With my aunt's funeral and everything I have been without time. Let me update you all.

The Funeral
My aunt's service was one of the best services I have been to. The minister was good. The weather was gorgeous. It really did my aunt justice. After the service, doves were released to symbolize her leaving this life. The service was a great way to celebrate my aunt's life.

This Week
I had gotten back to school from home on Wednesday. Ever since then I have had to play catch up. I had missed a quiz and a bunch of notes. Thank God the girlfriend shares two classes with me. I just got the notes from her. My third class I had a guy give me his notes to photocopy. But I feel lost in my Field Methods class because it is mostly application and I missed the class on actually how to physically excavate. So I am watching others do it and winging it.

This Weekend
All I can say is wow!!! I threw an Old School Party Friday and it went well. We dance the night away with music spanning the 1950s all the way to 1995. I was jamming!!! I was doing the cabbage patch, the elctric slide, and all them old dances. It was a great time.

Saturday was Springfest. It is a huge festival here at my school that happens every May. The weather was a bit too c0ol to do the slip - n - slide but I did everything else. I sumo wrestled with a friend of mine. Me and my roommate Kevin did the inflatable boxing, the gladiator, the obstacle course, and the mechanical bull. I ate some good a$$ burgers. The day went well.

Then Saturday night came.

My roommate Shawn had been drinking since 1130 that morning. So he was drunk. it was about 1150 that my homegirl Stacey calls to tell me that Shawn passed out in front of her bulding and has been there for an hour. So me and Kev go get him. He is all passed out in his puke. When try to move him, he fights us. After a few minutes we get him in the building. He says he has to throw up so we let him out. Well, he falls onto a bush. So we get him back into the first floor of the building. He starts screaming at the top of his lungs. This makes the RA come out.

The RA was nice. She allowed us to try and move him. Shawn was being an ass though. She gave us 20 seconds to move him which turned into 20 mins. We got him to the landing before the third floor. Then he started cussing. She goes and calls the police since he is being difficult. Shawn then rolls down to the 1st floor (literally) and runs outside. He runs down a busy street and almost falls into it. My roomie Kevin and the RA goes after him. The police then chase him down. I satyed to make sure they did not do Shawn grimey since he had a broken hand. They put him in the car and took him to the drunk tank.He came back Sunday morning looking like $h!t!!!!!!

I will post pictures from Springfest soon.

5 comments:

CNEL said...

I'm happy that the service allowed you and your family to mourn and to celebrate.

Yeah, I know how playing catch up is, when my Aunt was in the hospital and my Uncle died, I was not focused on anything.

Just do your best, it's such a cliche, but it's the most simple and only guaranteed way to success/

Glad you had fun.

Oh no, I don't do drunk people, his @ss would have been @ssed out!

Waddie G. said...

what you know about dancing to 50's music??? LOL

I'm sorry about the loss of your aunt. I hope your family recovers.

Clay said...

sorry to hear about the passing -- taking your time with everything else

Ms.Honey said...

I'm so happy that your aunts service went well...it always helps us see that our loved ones who pass on are in a better place when the going home service is nice.

On to your friend...LOL. Man don't you just love drunk friends it's moments like that that cuase you to remember what they are like sober.

Jameil said...

you need to post them drunk roommate pics!! hilarious!! thank GOD i've never had to clean up people in their own puke!! i have cleaned up after my puking friends before. i don't even think i have the stomach for that anymore. hmm...