Friday, May 12, 2006

My Health

Last two weeks, my health has been not good. I have been to the emergency room twice this week. I am having problems with my breathing. I went the first time and they told me it may be my allrgies since I have developed them recently. Last night, I was awaken out of my sleep not being able to breathe. I was coughing and trying to catch my breath. My girlfriend woke up and had one of my roommates drive me to the emergency room. This second time they told me I may have developed asthma. My chest X-Ray showed that the distal part of my lungs are partially closed. That is scary to hear. They are not sure though so I have to visit my doctor when I go home. So I have a prescription for Prednisone and Albuterol. So i puff on that Albuterol inhaler like crazy. And both are steroids!! The Prednisone makes me slightly jumpy. When they gave it to me before I went home, it had me jumpy. I could not sleep.

This past two weeks have been difficult. Walking up the steps makes me short of breath. I cannot box. Running is not an option. Sometimes even talking makes me short of breath. I had a respiratory attack in the middle of class today and it scared the shit of me. It was embarrasing. my professor understands what happened. I cannot wait to go home and see my doctor. I cant deal with this anymore.

11 comments:

Jameil said...

geez! asthma sucks. there's nothing scarier than not being able to breathe. you quickly realize your own mortality. i need you to stop taking the medicine outside its prescription. you can cause irreperable damage. steroids are not something to play w/(which you know as an athlete).

Anonymous said...

Jameil,I dont take it more than necessary. They have me taking it every 2 hours and whenever I feel one of those attacks coming on. So last week, I was taking it frequently. But for the past 2 days I have actually been feeling better and doing well. I dont even take the inhaler every two hours more like every 3 hours. And the attacks dont come as frequently or as intensely

Nika Laqui said...

My prayers go out and hope you get better...
I'm blessed not to have any health problems, some people take health for granted....

Jameil said...

i'm just makin sure. i'm not tryin to have no bloggers keel over. glad you're feeling better!

i'm sayin tho! can we see the drunk roommate pics? i think those would be hilarious!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Aww...feel better! I'm sure the gf is taking good care of you.

Clay said...

men, im sorry to hear that. i hope you are feeling better. it is challenging to fell sick and doctors are still trying to decipher all of the info .. you are in my thoughts bro! please continue to give us updates.

Ms.Honey said...

WOW that sounds horrible take it easy pretty soon class will be over and you'll be able to "relax" somewhat I know not too much but some....make sure that's the first thing you do when you go home..take care

Waddie G. said...

get better man...I know about having respiratory issues...

CNEL said...

Please take care of yourself, because if something happens, me, your momma, Q, and some of your other family will be up to Erie to give em a piece of Baltimore!

AJ said...

So scary, I'm so sorry you've been having to go through this. It might help to know that asthma is a symptom of chronic dehydration. There are tons of articles on-line about it!!! Drink enough water, and your asthma will pretty much go away.

http://www.aquasana.com/prevention.cfm

ShawnQt said...

IM PRAYING FOR U.
ARE U FEELING ANY BETTER?