Monday, May 29, 2006

What A Weekend!!

This weekend was the best way to kick off the summer.

My roommate Kevin from Pittsburgh came down and we went to HFStival. HFStival is a 2-day festival that happens every year at Merriweather Post Pavillion in Coumbia, MD. This year they had Cypress Hill, Matisyahu, and Kanye West perform on Saturday. You know I had to go see Kanye and Matisyahu.

So Kevin got here Saturday morning at 7 am. This meant that I had to get up at the crack of dawn to pick him up from the bus station. We come back to my house and get ready to head out at 9:30 so we can get the festival at 10am. We get there and go look around.

HFStival is not really my scene. There tends to be a lot of cats looking like this:

These types were not the majority but there were enough there. So me and Kevin just cruised throughout the festival. We took a few swinbgs at the batting cage, threw some pitches, Kevin gawked at a bunch of females. He even hollered at a sister from Howard. Kevin is your typical white guy. But he was spitting game to this Howard girl and he almost got her. We were supposed to meet her after she got off from work from the Verizon hut but we were late so I guess she pulled off. Oh well. We listened to a lot of local bands, which were good. They were mostly funk type of groups but they definitely were good.

We randomly saw a girl from our college at the festival. So me and Kevin just kicked it with her and her friends. While Kevin was spitting game to our friend Marie, I held court with the other ladies. I was just all nice and cordial. I made them laugh. I was just being nice. Cypress Hill came on. That was a very interesting performance. They had everyone gettin high by the end of their performance. I was light headed and everything. Then Kanye came on. He puts on a damn good show!!! He had everyone on their feet. I dance with the ladies during the show and 3 of them ended up kind of feeling me. Im sorry I had to disappoint, especially because one of them had a nice booty. I am just not that kind of guy. I gotta stay faithful to mines. Kevin made out with our friend from school, I played wingman. But Kanye had me throwing up my "diamond" and everything!!!!!!!!!! I was just soooooo excited to finally see one of my favorite artists in concert! Matisyahu, who is a Jewish reggae artist, put on a live performance too1 We left after his performance.

Sunday was good but not as good as Saturday. We got there at 3pm. We decided that we didnt need to get there so early. So Kevin and I just cruise around. Some random chick with a bf hollas at Kevin. Then Kevin hollers at this girl we met the day before who worked at the Starbucks stand. He slobs her down by the end of the nite. But throughout the day we just kinda chill. The performances were decent. They just werent Kanye or Matisyahu.

Overall, my weekend was great. I had a great time, with great people. Plus, I am always happy when a friend gets some play.

8 comments:

kathi said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, guy. Led me here, and gotta tell you, you're a pretty cool place to be. I've really enjoyed rumaging around here for the last 30 minutes or so. You're funny and too smart for your own good. :)
Gonna be fun getting to know you.

Jameil said...

jewish reggae.......??? hahahahaha. i'm sooo scared. did you know paris hilton's releasing an album soon? her first single will be reggae. and her record company's called "heiress records."

Anonymous said...

kathi~ I am glad you stopped by. Keep visiting!!

Chris~ I am glad you had a good m-day weekend. I try to do the best I can with what I got. If i cant be honest, what else can

Jameil~ Matisyahu is the shiznit. You gotta check him out. You may like him. Paris Hilton should be punched in the back of the head for making music. Its prolly gonna be a horrid album.

Ms.Honey said...

Slobs her down huh LOL..you are funny. Glad you had a nice weekend.

Sherlon Christie said...

@jameil1922...I don't know how Paris can sing with her mouth full

Clay said...

jewish reggae ... yeah ive heard about this "craze"

Rich Knight said...

I heard AFI was there the first day. If you've never listened (or even heard of) AFI, then you probably wouldn't like them anyway. Hard, hard, hard (and loud!) rawk.

Jameil said...

sp... oooooooooooooooooh. lol