Friday, May 26, 2006

Urban Appreciation

I was out and about today and I made an observation.

I really love living in a city. It is such a vibrant experience. I felt like a little kid as I was riding the bus downtown. I saw an Asian guy listening to hip-hop. White people strolling down Charles Street. I watched a Native American guy talking on a cell phone. There were sidewalk shops where all kinds of insane stuff was being sold. Tons of cars everywhere. Tall buildings kissing the sky.

I love living in the city. It is full of life. All the movement makes the city itself seem alive. There is nothing you cannot find in a city. You can find anything you need in a city. Plus, there are tons of opportunities if you look in the right place. The diversity in a city just leaves me feeling amazed. I don't know. I just cannot find myself not living in a city. I need the vibrancy. I guess I am kind of rambling. You all may think I am crazy but try living in Erie PA. Its cold as hell up there. There are the same type of people there. The "city" itself is dead. It just feels as if there are no opportunities to move ahead. Just moving around made me appreciate being from a city.

5 comments:

Jameil said...

chile yeah!! i totally understand! that's how i am. looooove big cities. send me to one please!

nosthegametoo said...

I enjoy cities. I also enjoy time away from them.

But I can completely identify with your sentiment.

So...Wise...Sista said...

I thrive in big cities...even moreso on periodically spending time away from them. But you just made me appreciate so many little things that are easy to take for granted!

Anonymous said...

jameil1922~ Since you love big cities, you have won a tix to Bmore!!!!! Lol!!

nosthegametoo~ I enjoy time away from them too.

chris~ The country is aight. I just cant live there. Visit is fine.

Wise~ I really didnt notice how much I value these lil things until I went to school in Erie. Now I realize how imprtant those things are and how much I miss them.

Jameil said...

hey! yessssssssss! so when can i pick up my tix? i'm there! that's my 2nd fave city you know. lol