Sunday, April 06, 2008

Hillary

I am really not a Hillary Clinton fan. She seems as if she may be a nice person but I never could find a reason to vote for her. I had this gut instinct that she was dishonest. Nothing specifically happened yet I felt something deep, deep, deep inside that said she was little shady. I guess because all her speeches had this fraudulent emotion. It never seemed genuine.

Now in the past few weeks, my gut feeling was made real. There are two specific instances actually. The first had to do with her trip to Bosnia. She made the claim that she came under sniper fire as the plane landed. Once it was found out that her version of the story was not true, she said she misspoke. I find this difficult to swallow. How do you misspeak about being shot at. Being shot at is one of the experiences that you will always remember. I know people who have been shot and shot at. There is no mistaking gunfire. That is something that is seared into your memory. Yet she flat out lied. Not misspoke, not made a mistake. She lied. That is despicable. There are men and women who are shot everyday in Iraq and you want to lie about it. She should feel sick to her stomach.

The second episode happened recently. Hillary Clinton spoke at my college, Mercyhurst College. She came and told a story. This story was about a woman who was pregnant. The woman had some complications with her pregnancy. She had no health insurance so she could not get treatment. This woman tried several times to get treatment. It was not until she was brought in on an ambulance. She ended up dying due to the complications.

I find it sad that she has to lie. Hillary Clinton lied. People, do your research.

6 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

I don't trust any of them. Even the ones I like. Politicians are inherently dishonest. If she wins the nomination, I will vote for her.

Jameil said...

she betta not steal the nomination. it's impossible for her to win it.

Tabu said...

I agree with RJ, as sad as it might seem they all lie.

No she didn't misspeak, shid, if anything she miss told the truth--Expect more of it.

kathi said...

I'm finding it painfully apparent that bending the truth to one's own benefit is common place in the Clinton family. I'd hate to see them back in the White House.

Mr. Jones said...

Hillary twists things like it's going out of style. Don;t forget that she lied about being named after the dude who first climbed Mt. Everest and Chelsea jogging around the WTC on 9-11. Sir Edmund Hillary climbed Everest 5 years after Hill was born and Chelsea admitted to being in bed and watching the 9-11 coverage on television.

Obama for change!

Lyrically speaking said...

Epsi, hope all is well with you :)
stopping by to wave "hello"