Tuesday, April 29, 2008

When Epsi Gets The Itching and Scratching

I have chickenpox.

Again.

I The first time I got them I was in the third grade. Now, at the age of 21, I have chickenpox. It turned out to be quite an adventure.

Sunday, I started to reak out. At first I thought it was just hives. They looked like what I thought hives should look like. So I took some prescription strength Zyrtek. I thought everything would be ok.

It did not turn out as good as I had hoped.

Last night at 11pm, the bumps were still itching. Plus I felt some dizziness and a headache. So I go into m bed and lay down. While laying the bed, I felt my face start to flush. I told the girlfriend and she got concerned. I took my temperature and it was at 100.6. She called her mom, who is a nurse. As we are talking to her mom, more bumps are forming. She says if anything get worse, go to the ER. We take my temperature at 11:30. 101.1

Trip to the hospital.

We go to St. Vincent at first. I get seen pretty quickly. This doctor was wack. He never even looked at my arm. I told him I had bumps and a fever. He said I had some allergy issues. So he prescribes Amoxicillan, Nasonex, and Prednisone. I was a little upset. I asked for a second opinion. He said he was pretty sure about his diagnosis. I roll-bounced out of there. I have allergies and they have never caused me to itch or get a fever. I also di dnot want to put my hands on anyone. I still had a fever and I was not thinking clearly at all. Plus the dude never looked at me. I was raging mad.

Thus, we head to Hamot Hospital. I takes FOREVER to get seen. I fell asleep before I got seen. This doctor however was cool. He took my temperature. Then he listened to me and asked me a bunch of questions. Next, he looked at my arm for like 5 minutes. He then looked at my leg where there were also bumps.

He stands up says, "This makes sense. You have chickenpox"

"You sure?" I asked. " I have already had chickenpox"

"Some people never develop immunity. The body never works 100% all the time."

I am relieved. I told him what happened at the other hospoital. He laughed and said if the other doctor would have just looked, it would have been a simple diagnosis. He told me to get some Benadryl and stay away from people.

So I but Calamine lotion, Aveeno oatmeal bath, and Twizzlers. Now I am in exile.

8 comments:

Tabu said...

Awwww I feel so bad for you, but not bad enough to hug you...


...You see, I have never had chicken pox, and I definitely don't want them now.

Twizzlers eh? were they perscribed by the first doctor?

Jameil said...

lmao!!! chickenpox!?!? and Again?!?! hilarity! stace never got it until college and i made so much fun of her! she was banned from the airlines and i called her tupox. hahahahahahahahaha. oh that was so fun.

La said...

aww poor epsi. I hope you have cable.


But um... excuse me a second...


hahahaha @"sometimes the body doesn't work 100%" lol! Chicken pocks as a grown up has to blow

Eb the Celeb said...

Wait... for real... I thought if you got them once you couldnt get them again... that sucks... they say that when you get them as an adult its 10x worse than when you get them as a kid.

how the heck did you get it?

p_nami said...

I've never had them. Actually no one in my immediate family has.

Hope you feel better.

CNEL said...

Awww feel better haha I remember having them in the 3rd grade.

You would catch em twice.

Rashan Jamal said...

Son, that sucks. Hope you feel better. Only got a few more weeks of the good life remaining. Hate to see you laid up now.

Anonymous said...

feel better ... chicken pox is no fun ... my sister and I both had them over Christmas when we were younger~