Thursday, May 03, 2007

Best Friend of Mine


As some of you may well know CNel, a fellow blogger, is my best friend. We have known each other since 5ht grade. That means that we have been friends for 10 years. I love him like a brother. He is a brother. Whenever something goes down, I talk to him. I need advice, I talk to him. Need money, I talk to him. I need someone to just listen, I talk to him. Plain and simple, he is one of the greatest people I know. I really admire him. He is a man for others.

This is going to be our first summer apart and that bothers me. I am serious. This guy has always been around and I guess I take it for granted. He is going to Illinois for the summer and he leaves next Saturday. I have some feelings about that. I am happy that he has this internship. It will provide him an opportunity to do some things he has never done. But at the same time, I want him close. Especially because I am going to Texas for part of the summer. I was hoping to see him before I leave. But now I will not have the opportunity to see him. I will not see him until Thanksgiving. I am going to miss my best friend; my brother.

I also feel like that I should not feel this way because I am an adult. I should be used to this. College seperated me from a lot of people. But with him I was always able to stay in touch. I was able to catch him Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break, and the summer. I got used to that pattern and now it is being broken. I definitely aint feeling that.


(us our freshman year of college)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you for making me cry.

Damn this was one of the nicest things someone has said about me.

LoL we are brothers LoL. Damn it's been a decade. Someone's getting old not me.

You know after my birthday I'm staying 21 forever.

Jameil said...

aw. the babies. hate to tell you this but its prepping you for the rest of your life. but don't worry. when you get together, it'll most likely be just like old times except y'all will be able to afford to go out and do whatever you want AND you'll value the time you spend together even more.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

"You know after my birthday I'm staying 21 forever"

thats been working out for me for quite a while now....

Coko Mulan said...

Aww.. this is my first time here and I just had to comment.. My bestest friend is the only one of my friend's that went out of state to college.. and it sucked b/c we were supposed to go to the same school... I was Devastated sort of.. but I talk to her more than I talk to anybody... That's the beauty of sidekicks, facebook, cell phones, text messages and everything else... it'll be like u two are together.. sort of.. we still borrow money from each other and all that lol..

Prophetess said...

Awww... you gone miss your best friend/homie... woo, woo, woo. Me crying for you, LOL!

Let me know when you get to Texas and if possible, maybe I can take you out and intro you to some of these hot tail nieces of mine - not that you need help scoring with the ladies. One's a military woman (a corporal); would you go for a military woman? LOL!

Have a good weekend, Mack.

kathi said...

First, what a great picture!

Next, hon...I've been apart from my best friend now for about 8 years, but we talk nearly as much as we did when she lived within five miles...and she's still the best friend I've ever had. Miss her, omg, you bet...but distance didn't take her from me and it never will.

Hugs to you both, you're blessed to have each other. Some never have what y'all have.

Sherlon Christie said...

Friendships should be cherrished and protected as much as possible.

You can still communicate via phone, text message,...etc...

Discombobulated Diva said...

that's so touching... don't worry u'll be fine... the summer won't be the same without him, but i'm sure ya'll see each other soon... and you always have your blogs...

~DD

Blu Jewel said...

i love that taped pic of you...cute! aww! i think it's beautiful that you spoke about your brother like that. i think it's a wonderful tribute and a testiment to your relationship. i further think it's honorable that you would do it publically in a day and age where men rarely vocalize anything other than something insignificant. distance may separate you in miles, but never in the heart.

NegroPino™ said...

That is soooooo sweet.....