Monday, November 19, 2007

Opportunity

I have been presented with two opportunities. On one hand, I have been presented with an opportunity to pursue archaeology (my major) work in Utah. The other opportunity is to teach at my former middle school, St. Ignatius Loyola Academy. I will be applying to both for jobs. It does look like I may get both positions.

I have time to make a decision yet I have started to think about it now. I have no clue which one to choose. I have always wanted to do archaeology. I used to feel that it was my calling. I just knew I would be a world famous archaeologist. I would travel the world (Italy and other ancient Roman sites), drink the native drink, try the native women. I felt that I would become an international playboy while doing some digging (just playing). But seriously, I thought thta it would be my only love.

Yet now teaching has become an option, a viable one. It has been something I have been considering since I arrived at college. I do not know why it has even become an option. I just started feeling like this could be a way to contribute to the world.

So now a decision has to be made. "Epsilonicus's Future '08" is way more important than that other decision

7 comments:

kathi said...

Okay, speaking from experience, I believe you should go after your dream first because once you go for the responsible choice, you'll always wonder what would have happened if you'd followed your dream, and rarely do people quit their 'responsibilities' to go after their dream.
I believe in you 100%, if anyone can catch their dream, it would be you.

Rashan Jamal said...

I agree with Kathi. Teaching will always be an option, follow your dreams. Not too many people get a chance to do that.

La said...

I totally agree. But even more so than that, I think you'll know when the time actually comes to make the decision. It will fall into place the way it is meant to.

Jameil said...

i'm w/kathi and rj. teaching will always be there. utah 08 baby!!

Anonymous said...

I think its good to have choices... and deep down you know which one you'll most likely take ... enjoy knowing that you do have those options... Congrats ... I know its gotta be a good feelin!

kathi said...

Happy Thanksgiving sweetie!

Jarrod said...

At the end of the day who's cooler...Indiana Jones or Bill Nye The Science Guy? Answer that and you'll know which road to take.