Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My Response

My friend Cnel wrote a 7 part blog series about a girl named "Harvard Girl". Many asked what my response would be and here it goes.

I think that the girl was bad news. I felt that she was irresponsible and immature. I do not even think she valued his friendship that much. Here is why. The way she let him was crazy rude. She asked "Are you serious?? I hope you are." That is not appropriate and very rude. Thus I do not like the chick. She is an F in my book. It took her more than a year to apologize. Plus she was not that cute too. She had a funny shaped head.

I think that there are no ideals. From my experience, we all have too many personality faults to consider anyone an ideal. There are just too many personality quirks. They make us beautiful These make us interesting. They are very annoying. However, they do not make us ideal.

Plus what happens is that you do as they say on "40 Year Old Virgin" (and excuse my language): You put the pussy on a pedestal. You never want to do that. When this happens, one's judgment becomes clouded. You tend to ignore the important facts. It just makes things muddled. One wants to stay sharp and having an ideal (putting the pussy on a pedestal) makes you a little less sharp. Also, you miss out on this person's faults. Sometimes the ugly is beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking and looking back on it.
I do think I made one mistake : putting all my hopes and dreams in one person. I think some call it the "savior complex". We either think we can save someone via a relationship or think that they can save us. We sometimes will risk exposing ourselves to bad circumstances, and we accept it as being necessary.

None of us are perfect. All of us are flawed. But there's always the chance that there is redemption offfered by the person... "flaws and all".


And I did not put the "p on the pedestal". I put my dream, my ideal perception of what reality could be in a locked box inside my head and gave no one access the key. But now I've returned the key to myself. I've disposed of the ideal for now, but dismissed it without prejudice so to speak. The ideal has permission to return. But only if satisfactory evidence presents itself.

The Brown Blogger said...

It takes experience to say what you said.

Prophetess said...

Just like Prince said: "the Beautiful Ones, they hurt you every time..." So true.

Glad you're back, Mack. That Texas sun was hot, wasn't it?