Monday, September 11, 2006

Never Forget

Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have beenshattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me."

"Maybe the purpose of all this is to find out if America today is as strong as when we fought for our independence or when we fought for ourselves as a Union to end slavery or as strong as our fathers and grandfathers who fought to rid the world of Nazism and communism. The terrorists were counting on our cowardice. They've learned a lot about us since then. And so have we. "--
Rudolph Giuliani, at a funeral for a friend

Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. America was targeted for attack because we are the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining. - President George W. Bush September 11, 2001

Everyone, take some time to reflect.

3 comments:

Prophetess said...

A loved one of mine is serving in Iraq right now; I pray incessantly for her safety while she's abroad, and I pray for her safe return in November. I hope she comes home in November...

kathi said...

Thanks for reminding me of this, great words...true words.

Will said...

This is great and I think we all should regularly take time out to be prayerful for all those who are serving. I hate to say it but it's reality that not everyone will get back home. Thank you for the reminder.