Saturday, August 08, 2009

Rambling Man

- I should probably start blogging a bit more often. I know I say it every time I blog but I feel that way. I just get lazy and some days dont feel like turning my computer on.

- I got accepted into an Americorps program called Public Allies. I will be working with a community oragnization called WPNPC. I would be doing community development dealing with issues such as ex-offender employment, bringing businesses into the community, and housing rehab. It should be quite interesting.

- Living with the gf has been an interesting experience. I have learned that every battle is not worth fighting. Before saying something I always think "Is this something that I will think about in the morning?" If the answer is no, I just hold my tongue. Sometimes it is just not that serious.

- Sometimes my mother gets on my nerves. I love her to death but I feel thats he sometimes complains because she knows it irks me. Thus, i often just ignore her.

- Friday night I went to a high school classmate's birthday party. The guy was a kid that many people kind of ignored. I always loved him. I found him funny and intelligent. His little bday bbq started off slow but as the night wore on (i.e. he consumed more alcohol) it became more enjoyable. I am glad I went. It was a good time.

- I miss some bloggers like Wise. She never blogs anymore. Her blog entries were nice! I need to call her anyway. I have not talked to her in a while.

- Those town hall health care mobs are a set up by the right wing. Instead of debating it intelligently, they use some disrespectful means to make people scared. This is why citizens need to do their homework. This includes all of you reading. Do some research! If you disagree witht he administration, do so with some intelligence and class. Dont go mobbing politicians. That is not hot in the streets these days.

- Football season cannot start soon enough. GO RAVENS! The bad thing is that my gf is a Browns fan. I promise that I will not start any fights. Maybe I can bring her to the light....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Wise too ...

Jameil said...

the blog world as we knew it is gone unfortunately. i'm looking for a substitute. picking your battles is like rule no. ONE when it comes to living with people you love!!

kathi said...

Sounds good, glad not blogging from Puerto Rico. ;)

Hadassah said...

I love my mom too but sometimes i feel she just does not understand me.

p_nami said...

Hiya!

Living with the gf huh? Good luck; I see you are becoming each battle!

Thanks for still stopping by. I've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things; trying to see how all the pieces in my life are supposed to come together.

Good luck with the Americorps program. And remember, where you are now, is exactly where you are supposed to be.