Saturday, August 22, 2009

Music of My Life Part 1

Some friends were posting on Facbook various videos that brought back memories for them. That made me think this morning about all the music and music artists that had a big importance in my life. This collection will seem weird but it all makes sense. Well, at least to me it does.

Jon B. - Cool Relax

This was the first R&B album I ever bought. I was in middle school and I thought dude was so smooth. I never knew white dudes could be smooth like that. Even my mother liked this cd. I used to use his lines to try and mack on the girl down the street. I used to try and be slick and whisper them in her ear. It might sound wack but at the time it seemed right. I would strol down the street and sit real close while on her steps. Then I would whisper in her ear:
"Girl it's alright baby
'Cause it's there in your eyes yeah
I can see that you want meBy the way that you smile
Are you still down for me"
Sadly, it was never too successful.

Donell Jones - Where I Wanna Be
This is another R&B album that affected my middle school mind. I used to be able to sing when I was in middle school. Adolescence had not twisted and warped my voice. I had a decent singing voice and I used to sing this album around the house. I just thought it was so tight. I would play it over and over. I w
ould sing the lead single "Where I Wanna Be" in the shower, in school, walking down
the street. I would sing it anywhere. Little did I know that "Where I Wanna Be" would be a song that would play when I broke up with "her". Ehhh... it happens. Also recently, I was bumping the song "Shorty" while driving:

"Its a quarter past 3
Girl whats it gonna be
Shorty got her eyes on me"

Spice Girls
These chicks had my middle school hormones jumping. My childhood Polish friend David and
I used to argue about which one we would marry. No matter what anyone would say, Scary and Baby Spice were my favorites, Scary being the sexiest. I cant explain it.












Weird Al
This dude is the truth! All my friends thought I was weird when I started listening to him in 6th grade. I found him hilarious and witty. I just loved the music. And if you really listen, he can actually rap. I takes skill to do a "Ridin' Dirty" remix. I used to bump his music wherever I went. I had Weird Al cds and tapes!

3 comments:

Jameil said...

where i wanna is one of my favorite albums EVER!!! that joint BANGS!! and carl thomas's first album FRESHMAN YEAR @ hampton! LOVE that cd!! man!!

Hadassah said...

I totally agree witht he above, donell Jones album is just sick.

Lyrically speaking said...

I miss Jon B, he needs to come back...he was sexy and talented

How are you? hope all is well in your world