Friday, July 11, 2008

Update

Here is what has been going on:

Teaching

I am really enjoying teaching. This is great. My boys are enthusiastic about learning. They participate whenever it is possible. I am loving it. That does not mean they are perfect, but it could be worse.

Teaching math is not as bad as I thought it would be (Over the summer I teach math, during the year Latin). I really struggled with math as a student. Yet, I find it easy to teach. I teach the kids to go slowly and methodically. That way they do not make as many mistakes.

Relationship

That is going surprisingly well. The distance has not been too much of a problem. I miss my girlfriend but the normal issues that come up with long distance have not reared their ugly head. I know they may eventually come up but all is well. The big problem is that I do not like sleeping by myself. I really dont. I guess I will have to get used to it.

Plus she is coming to visit for a week on Tuesday!! I am sooooooooooooo happy!!! I miss my lady. Plus, now that I have my own place, she can see it and stay here! I may have to put a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on my apartment door. But Artscape is happening while she is here. So we will have a good time.

Family

My younger brother is getting his act together. He moved back into the house, found a GED program, and is now looking for work. All this in one week. He left because he could not respect my mother;s house. So he had to go. He stayed with a friend and HATED it. He practically begged to come home. I guess being on his own taught him a lesson: Get your shit together. We all learn at different speeds but eventually we learn

7 comments:

Hadassah said...

I hate math, I run away from it but I can't because the frigging subejct keeps following me I have to take Stats as a mandatory course and hats only part one of it.

On Brother running away I so can relate my sister did that came back home and now she is pregnant with no O'level African version of GED.

On girlfriend, Lucky Dude! Cherish the moments

Brittany said...

I hate math too. I would be way too nervous teaching it.
Can't wait to hear more about teaching.

Eb the Celeb said...

glad to hear all is well in your world!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you becoming a real grown up.

Double hooray for Q. I'm very proud of him.

So...Wise...Sista said...

My lil Eps is all growd up!

I LOVE you as a teacher. I think I also love you without dreads, but I'ma have to see you first.

OK...

#1 - Saw the pics of the crib. Love it! I'm gonna come over and cook for you and Cnelly soon.

#2 - Good for your brother. How long before he tries to move in with you?

#3 - Dammit, I'ma miss Artscape and more importantly the gf. She sounds really sweet (and I need to have "a talk" with her)

Jameil said...

glad you like teaching! that's hot! yay for a visit from the gf!!! fab!! and as for the brother learning? marvelous!

kathi said...

Lucky kids. I knew you'd be a great teacher. I'm very proud of you.

So sweet you're missing your girlfriend...I imagine we'll have quite the tale to read afer her visit. I hope y'all have a great time.

Your little brother...sometimes that's what it takes. ;)