Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Wonder Years

The past few weeks are starting to stress me. I am trying to find a job and it is requiring more patience than a little bit.

But I recently downloaded a series called "The Wonder Years". I am sure some of you are familiar with it. It is about a middle school-aged boy in suburbia during the late '60s. The main character's name is Kevin Arnold. He talks about everything from girls, to his family, to his fear of growing up.

I have realized that the show is legitimately the shiznit! I love it. During my lunch breaks I watch an episode or two. The show really captures the feeling of suburbia. How isolated it was from the rest of the nation. But the show also captures the awkwardness of being a middle school boy. It made me realize I was really an awkward kid. I had low self-esteem and I was timid. I had no control over my body. I would randomly trip and fall. I was definitely not athletic and girls definitely did not like me.

But I would like to think I turned out pretty well.

PS: I just saw Lorenz Tate on an epsiode!!! He was soooooooooooooo young!! No one told me he was on the Wonder Years!!!

4 comments:

Sela Thomas said...

I used to watch this on Disney and I stayed up late just to catch each episode. Miss having it on the telly.

Rashan Jamal said...

So, if I used to watch it when it came on ABC, does that make me really old? LOL

kathi said...

We use to watch that too, a good show!

Mo said...

I agree. It was a great show. Keep ya head up on the job front!

SRae