Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Teacher Man Tired

The first 2 weeks of teaching have been great. I like it a lot.

But to be honest, I suck at it. Lets keep it real. I am good at keeping the kids excited and interested. They love my class. They like me. They run around speaking in Latin all day. Yet I need to work on my organization. I have not had this 3rd week planned out as well so I have been winging it and will continue to do so for this week. This weekend I am grinding and planning my next 2 weeks. This way I can get it together. Its really my fault and I was not up on it. Now my principal will be in my class Thursday. Thus, I am going to have to be at my best. He expects there to be some mistakes but I dont want to look like a screw up.

My sleep has been shitty For the past 3 days. Monday I slept for only 3 hours. I cannot explain it. This cannot keep happening. My job requires that I sleep well. I need to be able to keep up with the kids. I am going to go to bed earlier than I normally do and see if that helps.

Now that I reread this, this entry is quite negative. Maybe I will have better news later this week.

3 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Its a learning process. You'll get it together.

kathi said...

Ditto rashan, you'll get it. The sleep thing is huge...try something to help you sleep. You're anxious about work, it'll keep you up. Just take something for a week, catch yourself up, and remember that you are making a HUGE difference in the lives of these kids. Years from now, some of these kids will be talking about the teacher that made a difference in their lives...you. I'm praying for you, hon.

p_nami said...

With anything, it takes time to excel.

Make your bed your oasis; don't read, do work, or watch tv while in it.