Monday, February 04, 2008

Wal-mart Love

To all ma ladies in the dance
I don't even know your name
Little woman I don't even know your age
But there's something about you girl
When I see you wining in front the stage
Please forgive me, please excuse me
But there's nothing else that a man can do
I can't help myself little woman
I just need to be next to you

Rupee - Tempted To Touch

I step into the self-checkout line at Wal-mart with my ice cream and Pringles. The lady in front of me seems to be struggling using the checkout. So I look around at the other lines, wondering which one I should go to. While I am looking to my left I feel a small hand touch my right shoulder.

I turn around and see a small woman who looked no older than 22. She is about 5'3, with a complexion that reminds me of Nia Long. A smile gracefully moved across her face. Her hair was about shoulder length. She was wearing a Wal-mart shirt that was well-fitting for her upper body. Her hips were mesmerizing with "assets" that would surprise someone because of how small she was.

"I can help you up here," she said. I just nodded and followed her. I kept staring at her as she walked. She walked with confidence.

" I am not suppose to do this but I feel bad. I do not want you waiting forever for the lady to finish. I get exhausted looking at her," she said this and then smiled.

"I would like to thank you," I stammered as I kept looking at her lips. I was losing focus and getting nervous.

" I like your hair," she smiled at me again. I could not say anything. So I stuttered, "Thanks"

She took my items and rang them up, "$4.70 is your total". I handed her the money. She took the money out of my hand a little oddly. It was if she wanted to touch me. As she gave me the change, she touched the center of my palm. I felt myself get a little more nervous.

I then got courageous enough to say something other than thanks, "I feel bad that you are working during the Super Bowl. You should be watching the game."

"I know! If I was not here I would definitely watching the game with a friend." She said this and winked at me. I stood there, still staring at her with a smile.

"Tell them to give you raise! Take care!" I said this as I was walking away. In my mind I was debating whether or not I should ask for her number and name. I found her attractive. She seemed nice. She was giving me signals...

I kept it moving. I was too afraid to approach.

Brown


3 comments:

Jameil said...

i'ma need you to go back in there and get them digits!!

kathi said...

Wal-mart love...awwww, makes me all warm inside. Go back hon.

CNEL said...

So what they say about Wal-Mart is true, eh?

Wal-Mart date in your future?