Tuesday, June 20, 2006

They Must Be Trippin'

Financial aid is tripping right now!! I just got my award letter for the upcoming year. However, my award letter cut out 2 grants that I had last year. This left me confused so I decided to call.

Well, this is what they told me. They told me that my EFC (Expected Family Contribution) had gone up to $10,000. Thus they cut off the grants. The lady at the financial aid office told me there is nothing I can do about it.

I am soooo pissed. I dont even know how my EFC jumped that high. My mom still works the same job as she did last year making the same exact money. So how did my EFC jump from $0 to 10,000. Do they know who I am??? I will cut up. So i am going to keep at trying to recover these two grants. They definitely would not hurt my pockets to have them.

7 comments:

kathi said...

Oh, man, that's gotta hurt. But don't ever take someone at their word when they say there's nothing you can do about it. Like hell. Go over their head, send letters to every agency you can think of that is connected to them too. Put some heat to them darlin.

Ms.Honey said...

WOW?! The financial aid office was my favorite place to go when I was in college (NOT) I feel ya cause when they tried to send me a bill I was like no bookies I don't owe you any money you owe me some...I say go on and cut up LOL

Lyrically speaking said...

Well, i'm preparing to go back to college next year and i'm dreading it, sorry to hear about your grants, I hope they work something out for you, that's terrible.

Jameil said...

go act a fool. ain't nothin wrong w/that when it comes to your education. and have your momma show some too.

Supa said...

Man..I remember those days of actin' a stone fool in the financial aid office. Always something new and unexpected going down...

It's hard out there, tryin to get college edumacated!

Stay up!!

Don't Oppress Me said...

Preach, brother PREACH!
I thought it was just me.

Fuck financial aid and everybody he looks like!

Unknown said...

Yep, financial aid is a trip. I have been doing this college thing for some years now at several different school (yes, it is as bad as it sounds) and the financial aid office and its pleasent workers (I am being sarcastic, very sarcastic) are always full of shit. Good luck with getting your grants back. The government owes us that much.