Thursday, September 15, 2005

A New Poem

I know feel as if I have closure since I have written this poem.

(Chorus) It's been 3 months since we last talked.
It's been 3 months since I decided to walk
And to you I thought I had nothing to say
But that don't stop me from thinking about you day to day.

There was one point in our lives; we were together.
You had dreams of the idea of us being forever.
We were so close, two birds of the same feather.
You called me your papi, your best friend, your confidante.
I was even called nephew by one of your aunts.
Yet you threw it all away while I was at college
Hard at work trying to gain this knowledge.
You had called me right before my birthday
And right before our two-year anniversary.
You said you loved me but you had to leave.
This was something that I just couldn't believe.
I thought, " Bitch!! How can you leave me?
Remember? Last night you told me you loved me."
But then I remembered you were cheating on me emotionally.
With your best friend's brother
But I guess it didn't matter, he wasn't that close to me.

(Chorus)

Still, you inserted the knife even further.
When you fucked my man, who was almost like a brotha.
I know it was murky. It could be taken as date rape.
But that don't stop me from feeling hate.
Girl, didn't I tell you to leave that alcohol alone
Yet you still decided to drink it in your home.
Where your two girlfriends gave each other dome.
Right in Baldwin Hall I cried
I was so angry that both of you could have died.
That nite I wanted to have my homeboy shot
But Dan kept me from calling my brother, who was posted up on the black.
Why didn't you just stab me in my sleep.
Because compared to words, the knife could only go but so deep.

(Chorus)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deep poem my friend. You conveyed your emotions very well.