Monday, February 22, 2010

Career Prospects

I really like my job. I really do. While I may dread waking up in the morning (I hate mornings), I do not dread going to work. This is the first place where I feel like the work that I do is important and is actually valued. The team I work with is amazing. The participants really appreciate us. I like what I do.

But as I sit at my desk, an opportunity for career growth has appeared. My current position is an AmeriCorps position. There is a full-time position available and I threw my name in the ring. I am vastly younger than all the candidates. I have less experience. But, I think I can make it in the rodeo. I just hope my boss believes he does. I don't think I want to leave this place yet. I kind of enjoy it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I already did this but I'll do it again! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY.... Proud of you for stickin in there!