Monday, June 06, 2005

Teen Angst

I was recently reading a friend'sLiveJournal last nite and I made an interesting observation. Her LiveJournal is filled with a lot of teenage angst. She was struggling with her self identity, fitting in, boys, and all the other shit that teenagers go through. While reading this, I realized that I did not got through all these problems. I did not want to fit in with the rich kids at my school so I never even tried. With my small group of fellows, I never had to worry about who I was. I knew I would never understand females so I did not get frustrated with them. I never hated my mother. The fact that the world would end if something small and banal did not happen was never even a thought in my mind. I did not hate my mother. Things may have been rough but that is how life goes sometimes. When other people would talk about this, I would give them weird looks. I guess because I had real problems, like how I was going to eat or will this bill or that bill get paid, so I had to grow up a little quicker. Maybe I just did not have time to have such problems. I dont know, I just dont know.

No comments: