Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Culture and Snow Bunnies

There is so much snow. So much!! It has been snowing up here for about 2.5 weeks! Alomst everyday. It is either just barely flurrying or its coming down!!! I feel like I am in Siberia.

I love my communications theory class but I am starting to feel a lil hated. The professor I adore. She is noce and she is kind of attractive in that older woman way. Anyways... She realizes that anthropology and communications are very closely related. Comunication is how culture is transmitted. So she always asks me for my opinion from an anthropological view. Plus, I actually participate and say stuff. It was awkward today because I kind of disagreed with a classmate and picked apart her idea. The professor said I was right (as usual) and everyone in the class looked at me. Then as we were discussing organizational culture, she asked for a definition of culture. I tried to avoid responding but she obviously asked for my definition. One girl goes "Of course he has a better one. He studies this for a living". I made a joke saying I wish I got paid to study!! I just dont want to be known as the kid who answers all the questions and is annoying. But I can't let it worry me too much because they need to buck up and be a little more well-rounded.

My poetry writing has degenerated to nil. I mean I used to write a whole lot. Now I am losing it. I try to read other poetry. I do little writing exercises. I cannot get the creative juices flowing at all. HELP!!

Oh yeah. Then there is my female situation:
1. "Mouse" - She is a freshman. She works in one of my labs. We have been spending a lot of time together lately. She came over Saturday and stayed until 4am and did the same on Monday night. She is very shy and is an introvert but she is becoming more assertive. She is highly intelligent. We talk for hours and there is never that weird pause. I just do not know if she is feeling me. She says little stuff but I do not know. For example, she says she normally does not say if she likes a guy. I then go what does that mean. She smiles and shrugs her shoulders. She is definitely relationship material.

2. "Intel Chick" - She is cool too. She has a large personality. She is also intelligent. We have hung out and we talk sometimes. I like her personality but to be honest, I like her body better. I do not think she is relationship material. I know I would get annoyed at some point. But I still want to have her stay the nite.

3. "E" - She is a resident. She has been very flirty. Not only that, she got really upset that she did not get a lap dance on her birthday but her rooommate did. I do not know about her. She likes b-ball and all but she is not putting in tthe work.

4. "Dancer" - She rooms with E. She was the one who got the lap dance. Lets just say she is feeling me. The problem is: A lot of her friends are to. Plus she rooms with E. Which means I cannot have both. Plus, she has too many gorgeous friends.

I feel like a player. Its been a while since the prospects have looked so good. Time to go shopping ;)

8 comments:

kathi said...

You are such the 'college' guy. If you were less smart and less responsible, you'd remind me of me.

Anonymous said...

LoL can we get some snow? You know that much snow would mean a snow day for the first time since high school LoL.

Don't feel as if you need to dumb yourself down, because other people can't hang. As long as your perspective is solicited I don't see the problem. It's not like you're kissing up, your opinion is valued and adds another dimension to the class.

I say stick with trying to see where 1 or 2 takes you, leave your friggin residents alone.

As Kathi has said you are such a "college guy".

And don't think cause you got potentials you are a pimp, and I don't want to hear about you not being a gentleman. I taught you better than that!

Anonymous said...

Kathi - I have to try and live it up. I am careful but I enjoy myself

Cnel - I know!! I won't dumb down but I ma conscious that the hating on my intelligence is about to begin. I am trying to leave the resident s alone. They live together I aint trying to get caught up. But they look so good.I am a gentleman, all day everyday!

Jameil said...

snow sucks. every time they do the weather here, they talk about erie and lake effects snow and 3-5" range and i think abt you and go OH HELLLLLLLLLLL NO!! not me. not the kid. don't worry about being "that guy" if you're not volunteering to answer. i'm sure there's some class where you're a total jackass. for me it was econ. i'm good at regular math and all liberal arts things but econ i'm the biggest idiot. i have never ever felt like that. whatever. my only flaw (hahahahahahahaha!!)

1. mouse likes you and you know it. come on. no girl stays 2 nights in one week until 4am and talks abt how she doesn't tell guys she likes them. HELLO!
2. no comment.
3 &4, don't do it. not only are they friends but you don't wanna sh*t where you sleep. that is tooooooo close and messy. you won't be able to get along w/the rest of them for the rest of the year. not worth it. trust me.

you are not a player. that's how many options you SHOULD have in college. let me tell you bout the team!

Discombobulated Diva said...

what's up... i'm finally back... hmmm, so i'd be careful with your residents, cause they can easily stalk u and keep tabs on all your moves... think about it, they live on your floor, so they can come knocking at anytime they want to, even if u have guests... i'd personally stay away from the residents, unless u're really feeling them and are will to chill with only them...

ain't it nice to have options...

take care
~DD

So...Wise...Sista said...

Young Epsi. Where to even begin. I love how Jameil always hits you and CNel with the tough love. lol She's right. Stop acting like you dont know that #1 is feeling you. She's smart for not putting her cards out there without confirmation from you. I suspect that you arent really at the point where you wanna make moves with anyone (besides maybe horizontal), bec if you did you wouldnt feel like you have "options". You'd be focused on the "one."

Pls remember that you live in a controlled setting. And you are among few brothers. Your shit is perpetually on blast.

Dont bother with sleepovers unless you want MORE than sleepovers. College girls are clingy.

And for the love of sweet Jesus, dont mess with a white girl if you intend to date anymore sistas on campus. They wont want you. Good luck, shawty!

Anonymous said...

Jameil - You hit me with that tough love all the time. I wont let them stop me from being "that guy" in class. Being the only Black kid they prolly expect me to not answer questions at all.
1. Mouse is hard to read. Everyone agrees though
3 & 4- its hard when they both try to holler at me. Im tryna not bring drama to their home but...

DD - It sure is nice to have options!! I am glad you are back!!

Wise - You have a point with that whole focused thing. I am starting to aim in on one: Mouse. She has my attention the most. You are also right on that sleepover thing.

I do have one thing though. if sistas get mad because I mess with a White girl, they need to get over it. Plus I have already messed up with the sisters because I dated my ex and they all are cool with her.

So...Wise...Sista said...

" if sistas get mad because I mess with a White girl, they need to get over it."

I never said they might be MAD. I just said they may not want you. lol